Technology for the Farmers
- 110 rice varieties
- Popular varieties are Pooja, Durga, Sarala, Gayatri, Vandana, Anjali, Geetanjali, Naveen, Ajay, Varshadhan, Sahabhagidhan and Hazaridhan.
- Hybrid varieties Ajay, Rajalaxmi and CR Dhan 701.
- Short grain aromatic rice for higher income – Geetanjali, Ketekijoha, Chinikamini, Nua Kalajeera, Nua Dhusara
- Varieties for all ecosystems and major stress conditions
Upland-Phalguni, Virendra, Hazaridhan, Sadabahar, Anjali, Heera, Kalinga-III
Irrigated-Ajay, Rajalaxmi, Naveen, Geetanjali, Tapaswini, Satabdi, Abhishek, Chandrama
ShallowRainfed Lowland-Swarna sub-1, Ketekijoha, Nua Dhusara, Nua Kalajeera, Nua Chinikamini, Pooja, Padmini, Savitri, Reeta
Medium Deep water logged -Varshadhan, Durga, Sarala, Gayatri, Moti, Tulasi, Panidhan
Coastal Saline -Lunishree, Luna Suvarna, Luna Sampad, Sonamani
- Integrated Crop Management practices involving planting young seedlings, judicious use of water and nutrient, integrated pest management and the like
- Organic Rice implies a holistic system of crop production utilizing local resources at affordable prices that maintains a relatively pollution free environment providing food of higher nutritional quality.
- Aerobic Rice – growing rice with aeration or under non-flooded condition enhancing water use efficiency
- Need based Nitrogen management in rice using the Customized Leaf Colour Chart (CLCC)
- Integrated Nutrient Management (INM) which includes combined use of various sources of nutrients viz., chemical, organic and bio-fertilizers.
- Precision Farming for optimum resource utilisation
- Rice-fish diversified farming system and multitier rice-fish-horticulturebased farming system for increasing farm productivity, income, employment, sustainability and household food and nutritional security.
- Low cost, labour saving and improved agricultural implements such as rice husk stove, manual 4-row rice transplanter, drum seeder, multicrop bullock and tractor drawn seed drill, flat disc harrow, finger weeder, cono star weeder, , mini parboiler and power thresher.
- Wet direct-shown rice – Direct seeding, using a drum seeder, is one of the methods of crop establishment.
- Azolla bio-fertilizer for rice – Aquatic fern Azolla is promising nitrogen-fixing bio-fertilizer for rice.
- Evaluated, developed and tested several plant products with pesticide potential against field and storage insects and pathogens.
- Identified biochemical and biophysical parameters for submergence and other abiotic stress tolerance in rice.
- Botanical based indigenous technical knowledge (ITK) for using Neem, Karanja, Kochila, Water pepper, Parasi, Wild Sugarcane to control insect pest.
- Suitable rice production technologies for rainfed uplands, lowlands and irrigated ecology including production technologies for hybrid rice and scented rice.