INSTITUTE TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT UNIT (ITMU)
The Institute Technology Management Unit (ITMU) was established in 2008 under ICAR plan scheme entitled “Intellectual Property Managementand Transfer/Commercialization of Agricultural Technology Scheme (Up-scaling of existing component i.e. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) under ICAR Headquarters Scheme on Management and Information Services)” funded by ICAR. This project was further divided into two major parts: i) National Agricultural Innovation Fund (NAIF), ii) Agri-business Incubation (ABI) Fund.
ITMU acts as a facilitating and supporting unit to identify the emerging technologies and to manage the IP portfolios of the institute. The unit scrutinizes and processes the cases brought before it for filing the patent applications. ITMU addresses the issues under IP regime and technology transfer as governed by the Institute Technology Management Committee (ITMC) following ICAR policy guidelines.
- Pursue all IP protection, maintenance and transfer / commercialization related matters at the institute level following ICAR guidelines and any other administrative or policy decisions taken in ICAR from time to time.
- Seek any specific case-to-case basis advice/ assistance from the Zonal Agro-Technology Management Centers (ZTMCs) at the zonal level or the Agro-Technology Management Centre (ATMC) at the ICAR headquarters.
Major activities of ITMU are to process and protect all IPR related issues which include:
- Patenting of the Institute Technologies
- Technology Commercialization
- Contract Research/Consultancy related issues
- Copyright of Research and technical publications
- Plant Varieties Registration-New/Extant
- Unique Germplasm Registration
- All other IPR issues
The Institute Technology Management Committee:
|SI. No.||Institute Technology Management Committee (ITMC) at ICAR-NRRI|
|1.||Dr. D. Maiti
Director, ICAR-NRRI, Cuttack
|2.||Dr. G. A. K. Kumar
Principal Scientist & PI
Head, Social Science Division
|3.||Dr. P. Swain
Principal Scientist & Chairperson, PME Cell
Head, Crop Physiology & Biochemistry Division
|4.||Dr. A. K. Mukherjee
Principal Scientist, Crop Protection Division
|5.||Dr. Nagesh Barik
PI, ABI & ITMU
|6.||Dr. B.C. Patra
Head, Crop Improvement Division
1. Alternate Energy (Solar) Light Trap.
2. A multi-use composition for biocontrol of plant pathogen infestation, growth enhancementand uses thereof.
3. Production and formulation of entomofungal pathogen Beauveria bassiana TF6 to control rice leaf folder, Cnaphalocrosis medinalis.
4. Formulation of fungal entomopathogen metarhizum anisopliae TF19 to control rice leaf folder.
5. Formulation of bacterial entomopathogen Bacillus Thuringiensis TB263 to control rice leaf folder.
6. Formulation of bacterial entomopathogen Bacillus Thuringiensis TB160 to control rice leaf folder.
7. Method for Albino free shoot regeneration in rice through anther culture.
8. Formulation of bacterial entomopathogen Bacillus Thuringiensis TB161 to control rice leaf folder.
9. Formulation of bacterial entomopathogen Bacillus Thuringiensis TB261 To control rice leaf folder.
New Plant Varieties
Applications for forty nine new plant varieties were filed with PPV&FRA, New Delhi for registration of protection, out of which 28 got registered and others are under final stages of registration.
Unique Plant Germplasms
Twenty six germplasm having unique traits have been registered with ICAR-NBPGR, New Delhi.
Technology Transferred/MoUs Signed
Seventy MoUs/Consultancy/Contract Research projects have been signed with the private companies for commercialization of ICAR-NRRI technologies.
For Further Information Contact
Dr. D. Maiti
Director & Chairman, ITMU
ICAR- National Rice Research Institute,
Cuttack – 753006, Odisha.
Phone: +91-671-2367757; PABX: +91-671-2367768-783
Email: [email protected] | [email protected]
Dr. B. C. Patra
Institute Technology Management Unit
ICAR- National Rice Research Institute,
Cuttack – 753006, Odisha
Email: [email protected]