Agribusiness Incubation Centre (ABI)
Agribusiness Incubation Centre was started in the year 2016 as a part of component II under the scheme “NAIF” and is functioning with the following objectives:
- To create an environment to foster integration of rice farmers/farm women (potential agripreneurs), agricultural researchers, financial institutions, state extension officers and marketing forces in agrepreneurship development mode to harness knowledge, technologies and information from multiple sources for promoting remunerative rice based farming and improving livelihoods of rice farmers and farmwomen.
- Promote agripreneurs in rice based ecosystems through Farmers Producers organizations and Value Chains for last mile scale-up of technologies.
- Facilitate technology commercialization related to rice ecosystem.
- Conduct training and capacity building in agribusiness management.
Farmers Producers organizations/companies supported by ABI
- Cuttack 4S4R Seed Farmer Producer Company Limited-Mahanga
- Athagarh 4S4R Farmer Producer Company Limited- Athagarh
- Niali 4S4R Farmer Producer Company Limited- Niali
Agribusiness Incubation Centre conducts training programmes to build agre-preneurship development in the potential farmers, entrepreneurs, ex-servicemen, educated and unemployed rural and urban youth. These trainings are oriented to inculcate managerial and entrepreneur skills to the aspiring candidates. They are of three types:
- Comprehensive Agribusiness incubation Program (3 weeks)
- Technology based Entrepreneurship Development Program (1 week)
- Skill based Entrepreneurship Development Program (1 week)
These training programmes are not exhaustive and vary as per the requirements of aspirants to suit their agricultural interests with nominal prices. Faculty are the eminent scientists and professors who have excelled in their relevant fields. Details of the training programs will be updated in the training calendar of the year. Application form can be accessed from downloads below.
Will be uploaded soon
ABI centre offers an interface/platform for aspirants to seek guidance from the experts in their relevant fields regarding entrepreneurship development and to make farming remunerative. Details of the nominal registration fee and membership can be availed from downloads below.
|Dr. G.A.K.Kumar||Principal Scientist & P.Ifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Dr. R. Sai Krishna||Business Manageremail@example.com|
|Mr.Chinmaya Rout||Business Executivefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Sambeet Kumar Parida||Business Executiveemail@example.com|
|Mrs. Sujata Mohanty||Office Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|